Modus | Home page

CZECHIMPLANT - Bioeconomic atlas NCA, Czech clusters and their members


Cluster CZECHIMPLANT introduces its member Contipro, a.s., which contributed to the Bioeconomic Atlas NCA. The atlas was created thanks to the project DanuBioValNet (01/17-06/19) and GoDanuBio (07/20-12/22), co-financed by the INTERREG DANUBE programme. 

Bioeconomic Atlas NCA introduces clusters, companies and institutions from the NCA membership base dedicated to using renewable biological resources (RBS) for their innovative technologies and products. 

Cluster CZECHIMPLANT, z.s.

CZECHIMPLANT, z.s. was founded at the end of 2016 as the first medical cluster in the Czech Republic focusing on implantology. The cluster was formed in an effort to provide a functional platform that unites leading domestic manufacturers, universities, and physicians in a combined effort to develop the field of implantology further. The fundamental mission of Cluster CZECHIMPLANT, z.s. is to encourage the development of implantology in the Czech Republic and provide optimal conditions for cluster member collaboration. 


The cluster's vision is to improve the quality of life by promoting modern treatment approaches and innovative medical and biotechnologies that respect long-term sustainability, not only in the field of implantology. The leader in the field of innovative use of renewable biological resources in pharmaceutical applications is their member company - Contipro. 





Jana Vykoukalová

Chairwoman of the Board of Directors of the Cluster

Jiřího Voskovce 3206

272 01  Kladno




Contipro is a Czech-based company with tradition since 1990. Their flagship product is biotechnologically manufactured hyaluronic acid in the highest quality and purity. Contipro stands on mutually supporting pillars of active substances, pharmaceutical products and innovative devices. The most important strength is their own basic and applied research, which is handled by half of our employees. They pass on their knowledge to others through the wide range of their educational programs. They offer HA (Hyaluronic Acid) based substances for industry, research and development, and we design and manufacture derivatives and forms of hyaluronic for a wide range of potential applications. We can produce HA oligosaccharides and derivatives of varying purity and molecular weight. 


Their advanced manufacturing process allows them to achieve maximum quality while maintaining the highest ethical consideration. This is evidenced by the recognition of auditors from the Czech State Institute for Drug Control (SÚKL) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Meeting the strictest standards is one of Contipro's key competitive advantages.


The export of hyaluronic acid and products based on it accounts for 95 per cent of our company's total production, and the remaining 5 per cent goes to the Czech market. Contipro is one of the 3 to 5 largest producers of hyaluronic acid in the world.




 Vladimír Velebný

Founder and CEO of the company

Dolní Dobrouc 401

561 02  Dolni Dobrouc

Hyaluronic acid

Hyaluronic acid is a natural part of the human body, where it is one of the main components of the intercellular mass. Contipro extracts hyaluronic acid from the cell walls of bacteria of the species Streptococcus zooepidemicus. These bacteria are free of all pathogens and pose no risk to humans and nature. The fermentation and subsequent purification process results in hyaluronic acid in the form of powder or other forms such as nanofibres and hydrogels. Hyaluronic acid is used to produce medicinal substances as a raw pharmaceutical material, as a medical device in many fields, including wound healing products, as an anti-ageing agent in cosmetics and tissue engineering. As one of the most essential components of joint fluid that can absorb shock and nourish cartilage, it is used in high quantities in the GELOREN joint supplement. The veterinary drug Geloren DOG is used for comprehensive nutrition of dog joints and for prolonging the active life of dogs. 


Hyaluronic acid (sodium hyaluronate) in powder form