“Industry 5.0” puts research and innovation at the service of the transition to a sustainable, human-centric and resilient European industry. Elements that can be found in Commission policies related to this approach are:
- adopting a human-centric approach to digital technologies, including artificial intelligence (e.g. proposal for AI regulation)
- up-skilling and re-skilling European workers, particularly digital skills (e.g. Skills Agenda)
- modern, resource-efficient and sustainable industries and transition to a circular economy (Green Deal)
- a globally competitive and world-leading industry, speeding up investment in research and innovation (Industrial Strategy)
To explain the concept, the European Cluster Collaboration Platform, on behalf of the European Commission, organised the EU Clusters Talk “Industry 5.0: People at the heart of business” on 4 October 2023, 8:30 – 9:45 CET. We will learn about the conceptual approach, discuss how it is perceived by industry, and see how it can be translated into practice.
- Sean O’Reagain, Deputy Head of Unit, DG RTD, European Commission;
- Diego Carballo, European Project Manager, Aerospace Valley;
- Sebastian Rynkiewicz, President, Metal Processing Cluster;
- Tautvydas Pipiras, Project Manager, Lithuanian Innovation Centre.
Watch the full recording of the webinar:
This event is part of regular online meetings brought to the cluster community by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform. They offer up-to-date insights into the latest industrial policies and clusters’ involvement, projects, and best practices, the latest ECCP news, and funding opportunities. The EU Clusters Talks are a space to exchange knowledge and discuss cluster-relevant topics, which will change with every meeting.