The space, defence and security sectors have the potential for synergies and cross-fertilisation between themselves and with other civil sectors to boost innovation, technology development, and their application. In a challenging international environment, the EU needs to maintain its technological edge, support its diverse industrial actors, and accelerate the green transition.
In this context, the European Cluster Collaboration Platform, on behalf of the European Commission, DG GROW, organises the EU Clusters Talk “Civil, Defence & Space: Challenges and innovation in dual-use technologies” on 21 September 2022, 8:30 – 9:30 CEST.
• the exploitation potential of dual-use technologies, opportunities for SMEs and start-ups across various (civilian) industrial ecosystems, and future trends;
• cross-fertilisation and synergies between civil, defence and space industries to boost innovation, reduce dependencies, and enhance European economic growth;
• support schemes and investments;
• international cooperation and partnerships to work on technology, trade, and standards;
• and the greening of the industry to respond to the energy and environmental challenges.
Speakers at this EU Clusters Talk will include expert insights from:
• Michalis Ketselidis, Senior Expert, Coordination of Foreign, Security & Defence Policy Implementation, European Commission
• Matej Gajzer, Managing Director, Slovenian Energy and Environment Partnership in Defence (SiENE)
• Uwe Meinberg, CURPAS, European Drone Cooperation
• Stéphanie Renaud, Pole OPTITEC